AVOID BEING A VICTIM
- Treat all your personal data as "confidential"
- Destroy all documentation which records your name and address, such as bank statements or bills.
- Destroy all pre-filled loan or credit card application forms which you may have received as Junk mail.
- Check your bank/credit/ storecard bills regularly. Report any unrecognised transactions to the card issuer immediately
- Be wary of anyone who asks for your personal information, even official-looking people who may stop you in the street or call at your home.
Your financial "fingerprint" is stored on computers, paper and plastic. ID Thieves want:
- Your credit card details
- Your CW2 security number (the last 3 digits on the reverse of a bank card)
- Driving License details
- ATM cards
- Date of Birth
- Your PIN/Password